Doctor ordered ergonomic evaluation performed during or after medical intervention for work or non-work related injuries. Designed to ease return to work and maximize employee’s capabilities. Service performed by RN with Certification in Occupational Health Nursing and Certified Case Manager.
• Review of medical records and circumstances leading to the injury
• Observation of work habits and assessment of the employee’s workstation
• Obtain understanding of the employee’s job and how he/she functions within the workstation.
• Postural and body mechanics explained
• Immediate correction of potential risks factors in the work environment and instruction on the proper use and setting of existing equipment
• Recommend solutions in new or replacement equipment.
• Written report with specific actions taken and recommendations to follow
• Interface with employee’s health care provider to discuss ergonomic impact on employee’s current workstation and/or return to work
• Follow up once recommendations are in place and/or employee returns to work