The goal of employee education is to give the employees enough information so they can self-monitor their workplace environment.
• Office ergonomic awareness training on principles of body mechanics, proper posture and identifying sources of discomfort.
• Examples of poor posture in the office with explanation of why these postures put the employee at risk.
• Examples of work areas that are ergonomically correct and why these set-ups support good posture and work habits.
• Take-aways that will help employees self-monitor their posture and wellness at their workstations.
• Back safety training addresses importance of posture in performing jobs and identifying risk factors.
• Common causes of back injuries
• Physical attributes to promote back safety and management of minor back pain.
• Take-aways that will help employee identify areas that can cause back strain.